Position: Research & Technology Editor
Salary: $400 biweekly
About the Position: The Manitoban is the official students’ newspaper of the University of Manitoba. The Research & Tech Editor is responsible for helping to co-ordinate for regular online and print publication. Applicants should have a passion for, and a desire to write about, research and technology related topics. Regular duties include attending weekly meetings on Monday and Wednesday evenings, delegating stories to volunteers, and ensuring copy meets editorial standards.
- The ideal candidate must enjoy writing and have a good understanding of the English language and Canadian Press writing style.
- An interest in current events, particularly focused on local and campus news, is an asset.
- Familiarity with, or a strong interest in, any aspects of research and/or technology is an asset.
- An ability to write about research and technology from the perspectives of news, comment, arts, and/or sports is an asset.
- Experience with regular assignment deadlines is also an asset.
- Applicants should currently be a post-secondary student or have been a post-secondary student in the past two years.
- No prior experience necessary.
How to apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) writing samples to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. June 18, 2021.