Position: Research and Technology Reporter
Company: The Manitoban
Salary: $160 biweekly
Term: October 2021 – April 2022
About the position: Applicants should have a passion for and a desire to write about research, technology, science and related topics. Reporters are expected to produce one (1) articles, or the equivalent of 700-900 words, per issue of the Manitoban.
- The ideal candidate must enjoy writing and have a good understanding of the English language and Canadian Press writing style.
- Experience with regular assignment deadlines is also an asset.
- An interest in current events, particularly focused on local and campus news, is an asset.
- Familiarity with, or a strong interest in, any aspects of research and/or technology is an asset.
- An ability to write about research and technology from the perspectives of news, comment, arts, and/or sports is an asset.
- Applicants should currently be a student or have been a student in the past two years.
- No prior experience necessary.
How to apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) writing samples to email@example.com.