Position: News Editor
Company: The Manitoban
Salary: $500 biweekly
About the Position: The Manitoban is the official students’ newspaper of the University of Manitoba. The News Editor is responsible for helping to co-ordinate news coverage for regular online and print publication. Regular duties include attending weekly meetings on Monday and Wednesday evenings, delegating stories to reporters and volunteers, editing articles and ensuring copy meets editorial standards.
- The ideal candidate must enjoy writing and have a good understanding of the English language and Canadian Press writing style.
- An interest in current events, particularly focused on local and campus news, is an asset.
- Experience with regular assignment deadlines is also an asset.
- Applicants should currently be a post-secondary student or have been a post-secondary student in the past two years.
- No prior experience necessary.
How to apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) writing samples to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. May 28, 2020.