The final list of candidates for the 2017 University of Manitoba Student Union’s (UMSU) General Elections have been announced.
Among the candidates are two full slates running for the five executive positions and seven individual candidates running to fill four of the five community rep positions.
Campaigning begins after reading week on Feb. 27, with voting running from March 8 to 10.
- President: Tanjit Nagra (incumbent)
- Vice-president advocacy: Allison Kilgour (senator, Arts Student Body Council)
- Vice-president external: Wilfred Sam-King (incumbent)
- Vice-president finance and operations: Jehan Moorthy (former campaign manager, Strong UMSU slate in 2016 UMSU election)
- Vice-president student services: Jeremy Semchyshyn (senior stick, St. Paul’s College Student Association)
- President: Oyindamola Alaka (president, Nigerian Students’ Association)
- Vice-president advocacy: Chance Paupanekis (male co-president, Aboriginal Students’ Association)
- Vice-president external: Matthew Scammell
- Vice-president finance and operations: Stephen Paul-Michael
- Vice-president student services: Debbie Steinmann (coordinator, campus farmers’ market)
Community representative nominees
- Aboriginal students’ representative: Noah Wilson
- LGBTT* representative Sarah White
- International students’ representative: Abdul Qadir
- International students’ representative: Chris Otisi
- International students’ representative: Christina Aliu
- Women’s representative Hifza Jalbani
- Women’s representative Zobia Aamir
There are no candidates running for the students living with disabilities representative position.